Login
Welcome to LVMOC.net
Saturday, October 21 2017 @ 11:01 PM EDT
 Forum Index >  Club >  Chit-Chat
 Is The ND Retro?
   |  Printable Version
Neil_Tusing
By: Neil_Tusing (offline)  Thursday, September 14 2017 @ 03:27 PM EDT (Read 89 times)  
Forum Active Member of LVMOC
Active Member of LVMOC

Intereseting article comparing the ND to the NA.  I found the pictures very revealing.  They look more alike than i realized.

ND Retro

Dual Citizenship - LVMOC/Del-Val
Profile Email    

John Matras
By: John Matras (offline)  Friday, September 15 2017 @ 09:47 AM EDT  
Forum Zoom Zoom Status
Zoom Zoom Status

Quote by: Neil_Tusing

Intereseting article comparing the ND to the NA.  I found the pictures very revealing.  They look more alike than i realized.

ND Retro

It depends on the definition of "retro", and whether there is a range of retro..or whether it is/is not retro.  I looked up the Definition of "retro"And this is what I found: And this is what I found: "relating to, reviving, or being the styles and especially the fashions of the past".

I think the Miata has always been "inspired" by the past, even the NA. Remember, the NA was supposed to remind us of the original British roadsters. So now we've reached a stage where the latest Miata is retro because it looks like the first Miata which of course looked a lot like the Lotus Elan. And when Mazda introduced theND, they said they were getting back to the spirit/qualities of the original Miata.

So in that way, I think you could consider the ND "retra," but I guess the other question is, is that a bad thing if it is?

Profile Email    

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:01 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content