Login
Welcome to LVMOC.net
Monday, December 18 2017 @ 04:02 AM EST
 Forum Index >  Club >  Garage
 NC windblocker
   |  Printable Version
rich8425
By: rich8425 (offline)  Thursday, August 10 2017 @ 12:49 PM EDT (Read 212 times)  
Forum Zoom Status
Zoom Status

anyone have one of these? i have a PRHT, and looking at some at Moss miata, they're like 200 bucks! and not sure if they work or not. Anyone have any luck with them?

these go in the back of your seat when the top is down, supposed to keep the flow of air down when the top is down.

i was looking at this mesh wind blocker on moss's site:

http://www.mossmiata.com/Shop/ViewProdu ... exID=74660

thanks,

Rich

Profile Email    

John Matras
By: John Matras (offline)  Thursday, August 17 2017 @ 05:02 PM EDT  
Forum Zoom Zoom Status
Zoom Zoom Status

Can't say whether that one works, but they're a great addition to any roadster. No doubt you're asking because of the cold wind down your neck... I'd like to have something for my NA.

What I'd like is somehting I saw on a Mercedes SLC. It was just a mesh that was attached to each headrest. No frame, no major structure, and it rolls up and stuffs in the corner of the trunk. I called it the Fredricks of Hollywood Windblocker. I think that's too inexpensive for anyone to make and sell.

Oh, but M-B also has what they call a "wind scarf." It's a heater in the seat that blows warm air over your shoulders. Of course Mercedes-Benz did that. Don't know how much that option costs. Probably more than your first car.

Profile Email    

Neil_Tusing
By: Neil_Tusing (offline)  Thursday, August 17 2017 @ 06:46 PM EDT  
Forum Active Member of LVMOC
Active Member of LVMOC

I have absolutely no experience with mesh windblockers.  However, I do have some experience with screens which are somewhat similar to mesh.  Screens are designed to let fresh air in and keep bugs out.  Laughing Out Loud  I would assume that mesh works much the same way.  However, if the mesh creates a draft up over the head of the occupants of the car, then I assume it may work.  Moss has a relatively liberal return policy.  Buy it.  Try it.  If you don't like it, return it.  HOWEVER, if you're considering a return, make sure you keep all the original packaging.  Don't remove any stickers, tags, etc from the product.  Keep EVERYTHING that came with it.  Pay close attention to how it's packaged so, if necessary, you can repackage it the same way.  I would think that something like this could easily be unpacked and, if necessary, repacked with very little to no indication that it has been fitted to the car.  Of course, you'll be out for shipping.  Moss was having a free shipping program for anything over $100.00.  Unfortunately, I think it's over.  Good luck.

PS  For that kind of money, I'd look all over the net for alternatives or lower prices.

Dual Citizenship - LVMOC/Del-Val
Profile Email    

livetodrive
By: livetodrive (offline)  Thursday, August 17 2017 @ 09:10 PM EDT  
Forum Zoom Status
Zoom Status

I am curious as to w g at happened to the one that came with the car? My NC has a flip up plastic windbreaker that I have never removed. I just flip it down when it is summer.

Profile Email    

Dan n Angela
By: Dan n Angela (offline)  Friday, August 25 2017 @ 01:49 PM EDT  
Active Member of LVMOC

Try Ebay they have one there New for $156.00 / Make an Offer Button

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wind-Deflector- ... wg&vxp=mtr

Also here's a Web site that Makes & Sells Windblockers some Really Kool lighted ones !

http://www.windrestrictor.com

Your other Option is make one yourself out some Lexan and use velcro to hook it on

"Boom Goes The Dynamite"
Profile Email    

Dan n Angela
By: Dan n Angela (offline)  Friday, August 25 2017 @ 02:12 PM EDT  
Active Member of LVMOC

Tons of them at all prices on that e-bay site at all different prices

"Boom Goes The Dynamite"
Profile Email    

All times are EST. The time is now 04:02 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content