Login
Welcome to LVMOC.net
Sunday, October 22 2017 @ 09:29 AM EDT
 Forum Index >  Club >  Chit-Chat
 Pocono Wrap Up Thread
First | Previous | 1 2 3 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
Louis
By: Louis (offline)  Sunday, June 17 2012 @ 06:36 PM EDT (Read 2021 times)  
Forum Active Member of LVMOC
Active Member of LVMOC

If you were there, you may find your car or your smiling face in the photo gallery.

If you were not there, you missed 140+ miles of curves and smiles from the mountains to the valley 

If you want to add you photos (Sony Girl) and don't know how to use the sites gallery, shoot me a message by clicking on the PM button below. 

Some will say that group one was the best group. Here is a photo of that group.  Click any photo for a LARGER version 

CLick Me Now

Others will say that group two rocked the house.  They had a leg up on group one for sure.  Mr. Green

clik me now

More pics are HERE

Check back as they are being uploaded as I sift through them 

"It's useless to hold a person to anything he says while he's in love, drunk, or running for office.|

Shirley MacLaine

Profile Email Website  

RDubb
By: RDubb (offline)  Sunday, June 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM EDT  
Forum WOW I've made over 200 posts!
WOW I've made over 200 posts!

What a great way to spend Fathers Day!!  My son (RC) drove the last leg and you couldn't wipe the smile off his face.  Big Grin  Might still be there in fact.  Thanks to all who made this a great Pocono.  Also, very happy to see the Pocono restored to it's full length.  Thumbup

- Ray

"The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think."
A. Einstein

Profile Email    

Zonker
By: Zonker (offline)  Sunday, June 17 2012 @ 08:24 PM EDT  
Active Member of LVMOC

A BIG THANK YOU to EVERYONE who came out and made the 2012 Pocono Fun Run a great day!!  ThumbupThumbup

A special THANK YOU to the people in Group One that had to put up with my rookie performance as a group leader...  Clapping   I hope you enjoyed the ride!! 

Profile Email    

Slow_eddie
By: Slow_eddie (offline)  Sunday, June 17 2012 @ 08:49 PM EDT  
Active Member of LVMOC

I'm sure you folk in group one had fun, and being a leader is a little like being  a dictator.   You will be everyone's friend as long as things go well, if not, then a bit of quick thinking will prove your leadership skills.  When in doubt, free style a bit, that has served me well enough. If you act lost, then you will feel so.  Remember, you are leading, so if an improptu route change is needed, just do it.  Being a diplomat is useful too, calming irritated souls who have departed the set route, and feel a need to vent. 

Group two had the benefit of two of the fairer sex leaders, so no one got lost, if they did,  it wasn't admitted to. 

Fun day, not hot, not rainy, just fun, food, and friends, both old and new.  What more can one ask for a Father's day treat. 

Hope to see this happy crowd on other rides,  M  & M seems to be a nice place for fun, and to good naturely rate the other type non miata cars.

eddie, happy to try the new tires, glad to exit the seat, as the NC got a grand total of 359 miles on the odo today.

sloweddie
Profile Email    

Anonymous: BrianKathenes
By: Anonymous: BrianKathenes ()  Sunday, June 17 2012 @ 10:22 PM EDT  

Wow,  what a day!  First day in the club and we got a real workout on the road. Thanks to all for letting the rookies join you.  

We had a blast.  Thanks for your kindness and hospitality.

Best,

Brian & Nancy

Duffbuster243
By: Duffbuster243 (offline)  Monday, June 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM EDT  
Forum Zoom Status
Zoom Status

I had a blast guys! I'm thinking as long as my schedule remains clear I would like to become a paid member and attend the miata and mini's event on july 14th. I'll also get sony girls photos uploaded later on today.

1990 White 1.6 Turbo

Profile Email    

Flying Dutchman
By: Flying Dutchman (offline)  Monday, June 18 2012 @ 09:59 AM EDT  
Active Member of LVMOC

Whitehall, PA

Thanks to all the organizers of the Pocono Fun Run! ClappingClapping

The route included probably the best collection of twisties and roller coasters of any ride we've been on Big Grin (and it even had the obligitory "Lou Turn" )!  The Group 1 pace was perfect, Iva! Thumbup

The difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know, and I don't care!
Profile Email    

Louis
By: Louis (offline)  Monday, June 18 2012 @ 10:26 AM EDT  
Active Member of LVMOC

Quote by: Duffbuster243

I had a blast guys! I'm thinking as long as my schedule remains clear I would like to become a paid member and attend the miata and mini's event on july 14th. I'll also get sony girls photos uploaded later on today.

Sony Girl aka Amanda, brought along two camera bodies so she would not have to change lenses, and sported a tattoo on her index finger that made me smile. 

For sure I almost fell off my chair when I came across the one of her shooting the group as I was cropping photos; that brought a big smile to my face!

NOTE TO MEMBERS:  If you are considering getting married and want someone to shoot the wedding, Amanda is in the business.

Click me to Super Size

"It's useless to hold a person to anything he says while he's in love, drunk, or running for office.|

Shirley MacLaine

Profile Email Website  

Duffbuster243
By: Duffbuster243 (offline)  Monday, June 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM EDT  
Forum Zoom Status
Zoom Status

Quote by: Louis

Quote by: Duffbuster243

Pat, if only could remember Sony Girl's real name. Embarrased    As a former officer, I had access to the sign in sheets and could sometimes put faces to names after the fact, but now I'm totally at the mercy of my failing memory.  

For sure I almost fell off my chair when I came across the one of her shooting the group as I was cropping photos; that brought a big smile to my face!.

But can't help wondering -  was it a tattoo or washable ink?

Louis, her real name is Amanda. That is in fact a real tattoo. She shoots a lot of weddings in our area, and does outside portraits on the side as a hobby http://aceofspadesphotography.com/index2.php#!/home is her web site.

1990 White 1.6 Turbo

Profile Email    

Louis
By: Louis (offline)  Monday, June 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM EDT  
Active Member of LVMOC

She has a keen eye for compostion - I love the B&W's  

As for the tatoo,  Thinking   I think I will stick with telling large groups to stand on one leg and wave, that seemed to work well and generated big smiles. Mr. Green

I will follow her on FB for sure. 

~Louis

Shirley MacLaine

Profile Email Website  

First | Previous | 1 2 3 | Next | Last

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:29 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content